Change NPC sounds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change NPC sounds

Post by Dr. Donkey on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:29 pm

I know you can edit NPC values to some extent but is it also posssible to change sounds? Like assign Aloras voicelines using Lukes model?
Dr. Donkey

Back to top Go down

Re: Change NPC sounds

Post by Kenshiro on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:43 pm

Dr. Donkey wrote:I know you can edit NPC values to some extent but is it also posssible to change sounds? Like assign Aloras voicelines using Lukes model?
If you are talking about using Alora voicelines while using Luke as a playermodel then it would be possible if you could somehow access the base skins. Using Alora lines with Luke might be near impossible as an NPC unless you run the server

Kenshiro

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Donkey on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:50 pm

Yes I'd like to use it as playermodel. The values of NPC's are stored in the Assets1.pk3 and when you open it with winrar and navigate to the ext_data folder there is a list of all NPC. I've already read you can fuck around with the values, like changing team from bad to good or changing that stormtroopers have lightsabers now but I couldn't find tutorials on sounds.

Dr. Donkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Do you mean NPCs or models? For NPCs you have the snd, sndcombat and sndjedi keys in the .npc files. Models that are pickable by players in the multiplayer have the sound data stored in models/players/<model>/sounds.cfg.

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshiro on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Dr. Donkey wrote:Yes I'd like to use it as playermodel. The values of NPC's are stored in the Assets1.pk3 and when you open it with winrar and navigate to the ext_data folder there is a list of all NPC. I've already read you can fuck around with the values, like changing team from bad to good or changing that stormtroopers have lightsabers now but I couldn't find tutorials on sounds.

I don't know much about it as I do not mess about with skins and such. However it will be purely clientside if you do accomplish it. Try looking up a guide for making skins from scratch and go straight to the sounds section

Kenshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Donkey on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Yes I meant the playermodels. Is there actually anything else I need to do? I changed the sound in the sounds.cfg of a model and saved it, however the sounds didnt change.
Dr. Donkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Post the content of your edited sounds.cfg.

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Donkey on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:16 pm

assets1.pk3\models\players\luke\

sounds.cfg

alora
f
Dr. Donkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:18 pm

Although it is generally advised not to "mod" jka by directly altering files in the assets, the setup you posted above should work. Are you sure you do not have any conflicting pk3s in your base/lugormod directory?

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Donkey on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:21 pm

No as far as I know. I've never actually edited anything in the pk3's before.
Dr. Donkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshiro on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Dr. Donkey wrote:No as far as I know. I've never actually edited anything in the pk3's before.
It might be simpler to replace aloras files with some of lukes. If it is going to be clientside anyway

Kenshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Donkey on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Nvm. I moved all additional mods or pk3 files from my base folder and now it works. So it must be some mod that causes this. Thanks for you help guys!
Dr. Donkey

Back to top Go down

Post by A Dog on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Dr. Donkey wrote:Nvm. I moved all additional mods or pk3 files from my base folder and now it works. So it must be some mod that causes this. Thanks for you help guys!

Anytime.
A Dog

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top