What about ELO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What about ELO

Post by Kalthani on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Is that ELO system really useful? I mean... I've been nerding webchat for 3 month and playing jka for a year and I've never seen some1 doing ELO race. Is that possible to upgrade this ranking system (like giving let's say 100k cr  for 1st place in ELO score each week? ) I just propose to upgrade this ranking system and stuff cuz I really dont see some use of ELO system how it's done now. Didnt want to insult someone and sorry if I did. Just proposing.

P.S. Doing ranking tablet like pete did before with each player description and strong side with tiers would be cool too.
Kalthani

Back to top Go down

Re: What about ELO

Post by Bob on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:57 pm

nerding webchat (...) never seen some1 doing ELO race

I think you've answered your question.

I'll take a bold guess and say that a ranking system based on won races "has some use". But then again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... Rolling Eyes

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalthani on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:06 pm

Bob wrote:
nerding webchat (...) never seen some1 doing ELO race

I think you've answered your question.

I'll take a bold guess and say that a ranking system based on won races "has some use". But then again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... Rolling Eyes

You're right. It has some use. But as we can see last ELO score was changed in july 2nd. So it's already 4th month without any ELO changes. I just wanted to propose some stuff like reward for beeing top1 top2 and top3 so it wont be useless and will make game more fun. ( It just my thought so u can ignore it ). But I still think that reviving caliber list is a good idea.

P.S. And I was nerding webchat only cuz comp was broken and playing active now.
Kalthani

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:11 pm

Sorry, but implying that purely subjective caliber lists written by users are allegedly better than the elo system is just stupid.

The elo system was quite popular for a while, but lugormod has too few good players to make it any competitive. As you can notice, there haven't been any races lately.

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalthani on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:14 pm

Bob wrote:Sorry, but implying that purely subjective caliber lists written by users are allegedly better than the elo system is just stupid.

The elo system was quite popular for a while, but lugormod has too few good players to make it any competitive. As you can notice, there haven't been any races lately.

I do understand. Thx for answering.
Kalthani

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshiro on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Bob wrote:Sorry, but implying that purely subjective caliber lists written by users are allegedly better than the elo system is just stupid.

His idea sounds good but it would work better if it applied to every player. As in going by total kills instead of races won. And then 1st 2nd and 3rd would work

Kenshiro

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:17 pm

You do realize there's a /hikills list?

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshiro on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:19 pm

Bob wrote:You do realize there's a /hikills list?
Yes but I am talking about maybe giving CR to the top players on said list like Kalthani was suggesting

Kenshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:24 pm

How is the kill count any indicator of being good?

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshiro on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:31 pm

Bob wrote:How is the kill count any indicator of being good?
It is not really I admit. But it would bring more competitive spirit to the server overall if people are focusing on more and more kills

Kenshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Donkey on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:30 am

Don't you already get cr for kills? I remember farming 700K just by kills.
Dr. Donkey

http://ww.z0r.de

Back to top Go down

Post by A Dog on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:37 am

Dr. Donkey wrote:Don't you already get cr for kills? I remember farming 700K just by kills.

Auschwitz.
A Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshiro on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Only 50 CR per kill. Assuming about 1 kill per minute and the map average of 35 minutes it would take 14,000 kills just for 700k. A much better way to farm is either chain quests or betting. 400 rounds just for 700k isn't worth it at all

Kenshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by A Dog on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Kenshiro wrote:Only 50 CR per kill. Assuming about 1 kill per minute and the map average of 35 minutes it would take 14,000 kills just for 700k. A much better way to farm is either chain quests or betting. 400 rounds just for 700k isn't worth it at all

Stupidity shines like a self-illuminating gem in a cave shrouded by darkness.

When killing, do not aim for the quantity, but for quality of mayhem, also known as fucking multikills which serve as a multiplier for cr.
All that is lacking is info on how much multikills give.
A Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshiro on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:59 pm

A Dog wrote:
Kenshiro wrote:Only 50 CR per kill. Assuming about 1 kill per minute and the map average of 35 minutes it would take 14,000 kills just for 700k. A much better way to farm is either chain quests or betting. 400 rounds just for 700k isn't worth it at all

Stupidity shines like a self-illuminating gem in a cave shrouded by darkness.

When killing, do not aim for the quantity, but for quality of mayhem, also known as fucking multikills which serve as a multiplier for cr.
All that is lacking is info on how much multikills give.
I am sorry then. I was not aware of multipliers

Kenshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by dydzio on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Wow, someone is actually aware that being first under tab button list does not mean the best... Even with kill / death ratio (assuming NPCs not giving kills, they currently do) it would not be fair due to suicides, deaths by NPC and other factors. In my opinion if we should introduce giving CR for being good at certain game area, it should cover few game areas like questing, strafing (praising FFA as official best way to play would be silly).
dydzio

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshiro on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:45 pm

dydzio wrote:Wow, someone is actually aware that being first under tab button list does not mean the best... Even with kill / death ratio (assuming NPCs not giving kills, they currently do) it would not be fair due to suicides, deaths by NPC and other factors. In my opinion if we should introduce giving CR for being good at certain game area, it should cover few game areas like questing, strafing (praising FFA as official best way to play would be silly).
Strafing would be good if there wasn't just one or two good strafers on lugor....

Kenshiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:43 pm

A Dog wrote:All that is lacking is info on how much multikills give.

Killstreaks:
5 - 100 cr
10 - 200 cr
15 - 400 cr
20 - 800 cr

Consecutive kills:
2 - 100 cr
3 - 200 cr
4 - 400 cr

Back to top Go down

Post by xenonk on Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:19 am

dydzio wrote:Wow, someone is actually aware that being first under tab button list does not mean the best... Even with kill / death ratio (assuming NPCs not giving kills, they currently do) it would not be fair due to suicides, deaths by NPC and other factors. In my opinion if we should introduce giving CR for being good at certain game area, it should cover few game areas like questing, strafing (praising FFA as official best way to play would be silly).
make dydzio the new bob pls
xenonk

https://master.usfine.biz/upload/userfiles/images/45e0cd44bff838

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum