Thanks Ofu

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thanks Ofu

Post by xenonk on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:41 pm

For Proct 4. i just wanted to say:

Grey rules
Merc blows


I h8 merc but i think it deserves a boost, and ban all merc account

when will you bring us a new prof? ofu/bob
avatar
xenonk

Posts : 558
Join date : 2016-02-12
Age : 99
Location : Corruptistan

https://master.usfine.biz/upload/userfiles/images/45e0cd44bff838

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by pete on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:43 pm

merc is fine as long as you know how to play it (which almost noone does)
avatar
pete

Posts : 736
Join date : 2015-02-07
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Jeksey on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:08 pm

pete wrote:merc is fine as long as you know how to play it (which almost noone does)
and thank god only you and mrk are fine mercs
avatar
Jeksey

Posts : 115
Join date : 2016-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by xenonk on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:39 pm

avatar
xenonk

Posts : 558
Join date : 2016-02-12
Age : 99
Location : Corruptistan

https://master.usfine.biz/upload/userfiles/images/45e0cd44bff838

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Dr. Donkey on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:57 am

I think merc is also fine. Usually a mediocre merc can takedown sith/jedi. When two mercs team up tho you can lose all hope.
avatar
Dr. Donkey

Posts : 165
Join date : 2016-02-17
Location : Aryan Nation

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by A Dog on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:18 pm

Dr. Donkey wrote:I think merc is also fine. Usually a mediocre merc can takedown sith/jedi. When two mercs team up tho you can lose all hope.

Let us begin.
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Jeksey on Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:43 pm

i rly like the fact how you say mediocre merc but you give no specification of the skill level of the jedi/sith and i am sure that matters a lot
avatar
Jeksey

Posts : 115
Join date : 2016-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Kalthani on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Jeksey wrote:i rly like the fact how you say mediocre merc but you give no specification of the skill level of the jedi/sith and i am sure that matters a lot

They did give to jedi/sith descriptions like low tier / mediocre / decent / good in the old calliber list
avatar
Kalthani

Posts : 269
Join date : 2016-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Dr. Donkey on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:27 am

Jeksey wrote:i rly like the fact how you say mediocre merc but you give no specification of the skill level of the jedi/sith and i am sure that matters a lot

I think a really good sith has an advantage above the merc. When you you know how to jump + grip you can avoid the flame. As jedi it might be not as easy as you only have pull as offensive skill and you constantly have to watch your forcepoints. But again, a merc that knows how the different weapons work and know how to use them should be able to takedown a good sith and jedi. Let arsa fight pete for uh...science reasons to see how that turns out.
avatar
Dr. Donkey

Posts : 165
Join date : 2016-02-17
Location : Aryan Nation

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Kenshiro on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Dr. Donkey wrote:
Jeksey wrote:i rly like the fact how you say mediocre merc but you give no specification of the skill level of the jedi/sith and i am sure that matters a lot

I think a really good sith has an advantage above the merc. When you you know how to jump + grip you can avoid the flame. As jedi it might be not as easy as you only have pull as offensive skill and you constantly have to watch your forcepoints. But again, a merc that knows how the different weapons work and know how to use them should be able to takedown a good sith and jedi. Let arsa fight pete for uh...science reasons to see how that turns out.
The thing is that a merc cannot 1 hit a jedi/sith with full shields. However any saber can 1 hit a merc after shortgrip. The point goes to the sith/jedi easily

Kenshiro

Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-08-28
Age : 16
Location : Scotland

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Dr. Donkey on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:57 pm

First of only sith would be able to do that because of the stun that grip provides. While pulled down it's hard to onehit a merc. Secondly I wanna bet there are not very much people who can onehit a merc with single. Even with duals and staff there are few. Remember that 70% of the server population are angry russians who are mediocre at best.
Also rockets do pretty good damage. So 2-3 rockets should do the trick.
avatar
Dr. Donkey

Posts : 165
Join date : 2016-02-17
Location : Aryan Nation

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by A Dog on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Unblocked headshot with bowcaster deals 100 damage. Possibility of it hitting, however, close to none. Rockets can be spampushed, and funny fact, spam push allows you to heal off of merc as sith, because of force regen and you can do nothing with it. Momentum + grip. Shortgrip forces weapons to stop, long grip forces weapons to stop, 570 hp is a joke vs duals & staff, 2 attempts with yellow. Mind trick, run away, heal, come back, pull, slash. Can't see footsteps? Too bad. Let's not forget about increased protect for grey, lack of knockdown for rage and its damage boost. 0/100 shots with sniper go through saber def unless you aim for achilles foot.

According to admins, balanced.
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Kenshiro on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:03 pm

Most of the time you can deal with average sith just by using flech up close. God help you if they can shortgrip and land a lucky wiggled fan

Kenshiro

Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-08-28
Age : 16
Location : Scotland

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by pete on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Kenshiro wrote:The thing is that a merc cannot 1 hit a jedi/sith with full shields. However any saber can 1 hit a merc after shortgrip.

you are completely wrong here

A Dog wrote:Unblocked headshot with bowcaster deals 100 damage. Possibility of it hitting, however, close to none.

hence why you actually use heavy weapons combined with demp2, every weapon is situational

my point is that merc requires much more experience in terms of positioning, strafe jumping, health, armor and ammo management, when to hit, gamesense, map knowledge and aim (the least important). merc is easy to learn but hard to master which is why many average mercs would lose to an average force user.
avatar
pete

Posts : 736
Join date : 2015-02-07
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by A Dog on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:49 pm

pete wrote:
Kenshiro wrote:Retard alert.

Idiot.

A Dog wrote:Unblocked headshot with bowcaster deals 100 damage. Possibility of it hitting, however, close to none.

hence why you actually use heavy weapons combined with demp2, every weapon is situational

my point is that merc requires much more experience in terms of positioning, strafe jumping, health, armor and ammo management, when to hit, gamesense, map knowledge and aim (the least important). merc is easy to learn but hard to master which is why many average mercs would lose to an average force user.

Demp2 being a heavy weapon (for whatever reason...) and merc having it equipped is more vulnerable to push & pull spam, and the weapon itself doesn't always stun. Also, when gripped, it does not release a charge like the sniper rifle does (in my case, I don't know if it's a bug or intended gameplay feature). In short, I am willing to take lessons from you.
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by pete on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:08 pm

A Dog wrote:
Demp2 being a heavy weapon (for whatever reason...)

it is intended because it would be uncounterable to force classes to have a pull-resistant merc jumping around and stunning everyone

A Dog wrote:
the weapon itself doesn't always stun

demp2 is designed to stun players with only armor down, any damage caused to the target without armor should be a stun (the stun won't work if the target is shot while he's swinging with his lightsaber because he's shot during a chain attack)

A Dog wrote:
when gripped, it does not release a charge

that is why you should always make sure you hit the target before even engaging in a fight, make sure his armor is down as well. using obstacles around the map is extremely important hence it allows you to make more charged shots without being push/pull spammed.
avatar
pete

Posts : 736
Join date : 2015-02-07
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by A Dog on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Any tips on grip + momentum jump? Apart from "dont be".
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by pete on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:17 pm

A Dog wrote:Any tips on grip + momentum jump? Apart from "dont be".

usually you have to know if your target is mostly going for a quickgrip or a full grip, if he's going for a quick one then do not use flame at any costs since you'll get sabered

besides that you just have to be good at avoiding griplocks with your flame aim

another tip is to also charge up your demp2, wait for a grip so it will stun him (armor has to be down), after the grip he will not be able to saber you in case he is stunned
avatar
pete

Posts : 736
Join date : 2015-02-07
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Bob on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:19 pm

0/100 shots with sniper go through saber def

25/100 shots with any light weapon go through saber def

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Posts : 204
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by A Dog on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:26 pm

pete wrote:
A Dog wrote:Any tips on grip + momentum jump? Apart from "dont be".

usually you have to know if your target is mostly going for a quickgrip or a full grip, if he's going for a quick one then do not use flame at any costs since you'll get sabered

besides that you just have to be good at avoiding griplocks with your flame aim

another tip is to also charge up your demp2, wait for a grip so it will stun him (armor has to be down), after the grip he will not be able to saber you in case he is stunned

In the majority of cases, siths or grey jedi gain momentum and then perform a long grip, there is no way to defend myself against that because the flame does not reach them. Griplock takes away hp and locks me in place, making me unable to fire.
Grip is instant and dispels the damp2 charge so instead of waiting for a grip I would have to spam it.

Bob wrote:
0/100 shots with sniper go through saber def

25/100 shots with any light weapon go through saber def

I meant sniper charges which do not fall into that category.

Also thanks for the tips.
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Jeksey on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:31 pm

why is cortosis not mentioned here Question

btw kenshiro what you said actually doesnt rly work if the sith uses rage (or jedi - protect)... and in most cases you blow yourself up... which i've noticed
avatar
Jeksey

Posts : 115
Join date : 2016-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Kenshiro on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Jeksey wrote:why is cortosis not mentioned here Question

btw kenshiro what you said actually doesnt rly work if the sith uses rage (or jedi - protect)... and in most cases you blow yourself up... which i've noticed
I have not actually seen a lot of siths use rage. But as a last resort when you are like 50 hp vs staff its better than nothing

Kenshiro

Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-08-28
Age : 16
Location : Scotland

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Dr. Donkey on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:12 pm

The question is, should you really do anythings to make mercs easier to use? I mean it's also important on which map you play. On trip for example a merc can be such a pain in the ass. If he camps out in the mountains it's really hard to stalk them. As pete said, it's easy to learn but you really need to master the weapon combos like stunning an enemy, managing ammo etc after that it get's really rewarding.
avatar
Dr. Donkey

Posts : 165
Join date : 2016-02-17
Location : Aryan Nation

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Kenshiro on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:35 pm

Dr. Donkey wrote:The question is, should you really do anythings to make mercs easier to use? I mean it's also important on which map you play. On trip for example a merc can be such a pain in the ass. If he camps out in the mountains it's really hard to stalk them. As pete said, it's easy to learn but you really need to master the weapon combos like stunning an enemy, managing ammo etc after that it get's really rewarding.
Most people are too lazy to setup merc binds if they main sith/grey/jedi most of the time

Kenshiro

Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-08-28
Age : 16
Location : Scotland

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ofu

Post by Jeksey on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:44 pm

Kenshiro wrote:
Dr. Donkey wrote:The question is, should you really do anythings to make mercs easier to use? I mean it's also important on which map you play. On trip for example a merc can be such a pain in the ass. If he camps out in the mountains it's really hard to stalk them. As pete said, it's easy to learn but you really need to master the weapon combos like stunning an enemy, managing ammo etc after that it get's really rewarding.
Most people are too lazy to setup merc binds if they main sith/grey/jedi most of the time

oh god this is the truest post
avatar
Jeksey

Posts : 115
Join date : 2016-08-25

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum