Report of abuse or...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Report of abuse or...?

Post by Skullsaw on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:03 pm

So I don't know what has been happening here as of this impersonation deal,
but there has been sent messages in my name meanwhile I was playing (without being able to see those messages even myself in chat then)
and also on Jed! Sub-Zero's part at me, meanwhile Sub-Zero was muted himself which was abuse itself.
This is the reason I was sort of got in to a jokingly part argument with this fake sub-zero and said something but
then I was also impsersonated.

Even the ID is same somehow
There is only one screenshot sent to me by Sub-Zero but logs could be checked of this of what is going on.
The messages I didnt even put in myself are highlighted which of course surprised me because I didnt even send those.
honestly this is sort of sad bullying which should be checked.



Last edited by Skullsaw on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Skullsaw

Posts : 36
Join date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Pony on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:26 pm

Skull, what you can do is come on at established times and check on game tracker if any logins in your name have occured during a time where you weren't logged in. Also, I think that is Jamie
avatar
Pony

Posts : 134
Join date : 2016-12-10
Location : Louisville, Kentucky

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Bob on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:33 pm

You could technically impersonate players by creating a target_print with their names, although it would most certainly show you the output.
There is a rare glitch in the lugormod, or perhaps the engine, which improperly assigns a taken ID to a connecting player (which nakiner had the doubtful pleasure of experiencing during one of lugormod faction wars) - it causes two players to share one ID and allows either of them to execute serverside commands for the other, which would probably fit with the problem you have experienced. There isn't really a failsafe way to detect it, especially not as a regular client. If you happen to use smod, you could try typing /players into console and checking if the client number doubles somewhere (/serverstatus won't work since it doesn't print client numbers).
But as I have mentioned, the glitch is extremely rare. Either I or Ufo will properly examine the logs tomorrow and try to explain this situation.

tl;dr if you are absolutely certain that you didn't see these messages, then it was probably one of the clients (accidentally) getting glitched and then abusing it. A more proper explanation will be delivered upon examining the logs tomorrow.

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Posts : 204
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Pony on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:57 am

Bob someone was impersonating me and using my name and lost to Kenshiro in a race and humiliated me. How do I stop this, this person is ruining my reputation
avatar
Pony

Posts : 134
Join date : 2016-12-10
Location : Louisville, Kentucky

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Kenshiro on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:59 am

Pony wrote:Bob someone was impersonating me and using my name and lost to Kenshiro in a race and humiliated me. How do I stop this, this person is ruining my reputation
Bullshit. Video is getting uploaded today or tomorrow. You will not weasel out of this one

Kenshiro

Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-08-28
Age : 16
Location : Scotland

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Pony on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:16 am

Kenshiro wrote:
Pony wrote:Bob someone was impersonating me and using my name and lost to Kenshiro in a race and humiliated me. How do I stop this, this person is ruining my reputation
Bullshit. Video is getting uploaded today or tomorrow. You will not weasel out of this one
Post the vid, I'm curious to see exactly what the faker did

avatar
Pony

Posts : 134
Join date : 2016-12-10
Location : Louisville, Kentucky

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Kenshiro on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:53 am

Pony wrote:
Kenshiro wrote:
Pony wrote:Bob someone was impersonating me and using my name and lost to Kenshiro in a race and humiliated me. How do I stop this, this person is ruining my reputation
Bullshit. Video is getting uploaded today or tomorrow. You will not weasel out of this one
Post the vid, I'm curious to see exactly what the faker did

Expect the proof of your surrender tomorrow. There was only 1 pony on server. In the upcoming video I even show online staff with /admins....

Kenshiro

Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-08-28
Age : 16
Location : Scotland

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Pony on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:55 am

Kenshiro wrote:
Pony wrote:
Kenshiro wrote:
Pony wrote:Bob someone was impersonating me and using my name and lost to Kenshiro in a race and humiliated me. How do I stop this, this person is ruining my reputation
Bullshit. Video is getting uploaded today or tomorrow. You will not weasel out of this one
Post the vid, I'm curious to see exactly what the faker did

Expect the proof of your surrender tomorrow. There was only 1 pony on server. In the upcoming video I even show online staff with /admins....

I checked, that person wasn't me, they had russian ping. However, idkhow they faked mod status, that is impossible
avatar
Pony

Posts : 134
Join date : 2016-12-10
Location : Louisville, Kentucky

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Lumaya on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:14 am

Well, even with just 50% brain power used, you won the argument.
avatar
Lumaya

Posts : 95
Join date : 2016-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by serbip1 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:56 pm

Pony, why do you make up story about you being impersonated?
avatar
serbip1

Posts : 378
Join date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Kenshiro on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:58 pm

serbip1 wrote:Pony, why do you make up story about you being impersonated?
Because he begged me to not upload him accepting defeat so now he is looking for any way to discredit my demo

Kenshiro

Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-08-28
Age : 16
Location : Scotland

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by A Dog on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:04 pm

kenshiro is ginger LOL!
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Jedi Sub-Zero on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Yes. I did not send these messages, and Skull did not send it too. I was muted (I could only change the nickname), but i did not see the warning about mute. And, i did not see these messages - others told me about it.
avatar
Jedi Sub-Zero

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Pony on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:46 pm

serbip1 wrote:Pony, why do you make up story about you being impersonated?

The player that lost to Kenshiro had the App Tag wrong and was a whitename
avatar
Pony

Posts : 134
Join date : 2016-12-10
Location : Louisville, Kentucky

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Kenshiro on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Pony wrote:
serbip1 wrote:Pony, why do you make up story about you being impersonated?

The player that lost to Kenshiro had the App Tag wrong and was a whitename
Watch the video and you can see I do /admins and it shows you as mod ingame....

Kenshiro

Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-08-28
Age : 16
Location : Scotland

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Report of abuse or...?

Post by Pony on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Kenshiro wrote:
Pony wrote:
serbip1 wrote:Pony, why do you make up story about you being impersonated?

The player that lost to Kenshiro had the App Tag wrong and was a whitename
Watch the video and you can see I do /admins and it shows you as mod ingame....

I thought you were talking about something else. Yes that was me, I did say "I accept defeat". My bad
avatar
Pony

Posts : 134
Join date : 2016-12-10
Location : Louisville, Kentucky

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum