Cortosis

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What should be done with Cortosis?

20% 20% 
[ 3 ]
47% 47% 
[ 7 ]
33% 33% 
[ 5 ]
 
Total Votes : 15

Cortosis

Post by xenonk on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:51 am

Hello, i want to report this stupid overpowered sskill or i don't know how to call it. You guys know i don't like to complain about the server features, specially when is intended to "balance" but this thing literally is the worst thing from the tavion saber style, if a good merc like Mr. K or Pit are already hard to kill, with this is literally impossible, you just need a regular aim, a crossbow and spam green bolts. Also combine this with /dropjp (no push/pull) and you literally become a beast.

I know merc was underpowered but this is totally a madness, i dont see how this is balanced atm, i don't want to imagine how hard a merc with cortosis must be for a sith. At least make it a 4-points-sskill or something, but this is actually ridiculous. I haven't seen any strategy to defend against this nor a way to counter it.
avatar
xenonk

Posts : 558
Join date : 2016-02-12
Age : 99
Location : Corruptistan

https://master.usfine.biz/upload/userfiles/images/45e0cd44bff838

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by elite on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:38 am

l2p

elite

Posts : 78
Join date : 2015-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by A Dog on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:36 am

"i lose so nerf merc"
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by Dr. Donkey on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:48 am

inb4 git gud

It's not even a sskill but a simple command that makes you immune to combos and only leaves you with sniper, bowcaster and e-11.

As an idea to balance it, especially in combination with /dropjp I would disable the flame to break grip. The combination of escaping the flame, then only having one attack to do damage while also healing and escaping is just ridiculous. Also without removing the flame you could lower the healthpool or make the sabers deflect but not fully deactivate so you can atleast deflect shots.
avatar
Dr. Donkey

Posts : 165
Join date : 2016-02-17
Location : Aryan Nation

Back to top Go down

RE: CORTOSIS

Post by |Grey|V0ltage on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Dr. Donkey wrote:inb4 git gud

It's not even a sskill but a simple command that makes you immune to combos and only leaves you with sniper, bowcaster and e-11.

As an idea to balance it, especially in combination with /dropjp I would disable the flame to break grip. The combination of escaping the flame, then only having one attack to do damage while also healing and escaping is just ridiculous. Also without removing the flame you could lower the healthpool or make the sabers deflect but not fully deactivate so you can atleast deflect shots.

i totally agree with you Donkey!
avatar
|Grey|V0ltage

Posts : 33
Join date : 2016-12-11
Location : Somewhere Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by A Dog on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Dr. Donkey wrote:As an idea to balance it, especially in combination with /dropjp I would disable the flame to break grip. The combination of escaping the flame, then only having one attack to do damage while also healing and escaping is just ridiculous. Also without removing the flame you could lower the healthpool or make the sabers deflect but not fully deactivate so you can atleast deflect shots.

Tip - use lighting / saber throw / ionlysaber / dark rage.
Flame must stay, otherwise sith/grey will abuse grip which takes 50 hp on last damage note when utilized successfully. In case of receiving damage they will just run recharge and continue the grip spam combo. Force users have much a faster way to heal anyway. On bigger maps where you can gain enough momentum it's not even possible to break such grip, which is why lowered health pool wont work. Deflect saber animation takes longer than disabling and enabling your sword again, leaves you open and stuck in animation.
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by Dr. Donkey on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Ok so we are back to the git gud part of my suggestion
avatar
Dr. Donkey

Posts : 165
Join date : 2016-02-17
Location : Aryan Nation

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by Lumaya on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Dr. Donkey wrote:Ok so we are back to the git gud part of my suggestion

Why u give up on shit Argument?

Lightning - get fucked by bowcaster, even less saber deflect, bowcaster even fucks u if u do nothing with saber up
Even worse story for saber throw
Ionlysaber? Why play lmd then
Dark rage - ye and u use stun barton and get in air
avatar
Lumaya

Posts : 95
Join date : 2016-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by A Dog on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Lumaya wrote:
Dr. Donkey wrote:Ok so we are back to the git gud part of my suggestion

Why u give up on shit Argument?

Lightning - get fucked by bowcaster, even less saber deflect, bowcaster even fucks u if u do nothing with saber up
Even worse story for saber throw
Ionlysaber? Why play lmd then
Dark rage - ye and u use stun barton and get in air

yes because god forbid merc ever has a way to defend himself ey? better set merc's hp and shield to 100/100, make him walk at 0.5 ups and stunned when you use lightning, also remove bowcaster and leave the merc with blaster and stun baton only because all other weapons deal more than 20 damage per shot. I also think that merc should spontaneously combust due to jetpack use, not that you can use protect and dark rage when you use lightning anyway, or mindtrick to hit and run.
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by xenonk on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:36 pm

A Dog wrote:
Lumaya wrote:
Dr. Donkey wrote:Ok so we are back to the git gud part of my suggestion

Why u give up on shit Argument?

Lightning - get fucked by bowcaster, even less saber deflect, bowcaster even fucks u if u do nothing with saber up
Even worse story for saber throw
Ionlysaber? Why play lmd then
Dark rage - ye and u use stun barton and get in air

yes because god forbid merc ever has a way to defend himself ey? better set merc's hp and shield to 100/100, make him walk at 0.5 ups and stunned when you use lightning, also remove bowcaster and leave the merc with blaster and stun baton only because all other weapons deal more than 20 damage per shot. I also think that merc should spontaneously combust due to jetpack use, not that you can use protect and dark rage when you use lightning anyway, or mindtrick to hit and run.
If players like Pete and Mrk could play without this cortosis command, i dont understand if you are so godly as you say why you cry about it. Merc is already fine with the dropjp command, since the main problem of merc was the push/pull spam.

And luma, what you said is exactly what i had on mind when making this post
avatar
xenonk

Posts : 558
Join date : 2016-02-12
Age : 99
Location : Corruptistan

https://master.usfine.biz/upload/userfiles/images/45e0cd44bff838

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by A Dog on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:42 pm

while I don't use cortosis myself, newbies do, if you can't handle a newbie with cortosis then who's to blame really?
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by xenonk on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:11 pm

you used cortosis not long ago, and that wasn't a problem tbh, but the problem is when someone with decent aim and skill with merc like stormtrooper commander or someone like him uses it.

On the other hand im not posting this only for me, "because i cant kill the merc" thing, I put it because is stupidically unbalanced.

I still haven't seen the first newbie using it tho, name one. Also using big words to help your baseless arguments is not the best strategy. If i couldn't handle a newbie with cortosis then it proves my point. (in the case that what you are saying is truth, of course)
avatar
xenonk

Posts : 558
Join date : 2016-02-12
Age : 99
Location : Corruptistan

https://master.usfine.biz/upload/userfiles/images/45e0cd44bff838

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by A Dog on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:57 am

xenonk wrote:you used cortosis not long ago, and that wasn't a problem tbh, but the problem is when someone with decent aim and skill with merc like stormtrooper commander or someone like him uses it.

On the other hand im not posting this only for me, "because i cant kill the merc" thing, I put it because is stupidically unbalanced.

I still haven't seen the first newbie using it tho, name one. Also using big words to help your baseless arguments is not the best strategy. If i couldn't handle a newbie with cortosis then it proves my point. (in the case that what you are saying is truth, of course)

you cant handle me even without cortosis as proved by last t1_rail/ffa map massacre 9 : -2, then you left saying "i have no time for this" which resulted in rq
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by Kenshiro on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:15 pm

cortosis is balanced. If you get raped by merc as force user just go merc and hold heavy repeater m2. Its that simple...

Kenshiro

Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-08-28
Age : 16
Location : Scotland

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by Dr. Donkey on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Kenshiro wrote:cortosis is balanced. If you get raped by merc as force user just go merc and hold heavy repeater m2. Its that simple...


Yes, that sure is the definition of balanced.
avatar
Dr. Donkey

Posts : 165
Join date : 2016-02-17
Location : Aryan Nation

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by Jeksey on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:53 pm

yes cortosis is shit but i think throw+pull or only throw is quite nice vs mercs that use cortosis

HOWEVER u gotta dodge shots or immobilise them (the mercs) with grip or pull or whatever
avatar
Jeksey

Posts : 115
Join date : 2016-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by A Dog on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Kenshiro wrote:cortosis is balanced. If you get raped by merc as force user just go merc and hold heavy repeater m2. Its that simple...

You idiot, it's about force user vs merc discussion, jesus fucking christ you dull fucking scarecrow
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by xenonk on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Jeksey wrote:yes cortosis is shit but i think throw+pull or only throw is quite nice vs mercs that use cortosis

HOWEVER u gotta dodge shots or immobilise them (the mercs) with grip or pull or whatever
how do you use pull if they have /dropjp (inmmune to pull/push, except in the short moment between shots)
avatar
xenonk

Posts : 558
Join date : 2016-02-12
Age : 99
Location : Corruptistan

https://master.usfine.biz/upload/userfiles/images/45e0cd44bff838

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by Dr. Donkey on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Jeksey wrote:yes cortosis is shit but i think throw+pull or only throw is quite nice vs mercs that use cortosis

HOWEVER u gotta dodge shots or immobilise them (the mercs) with grip or pull or whatever

Cortosis alone isn't the problem imo, it's the combination  of /cortosis and /dropjp that makes them so annoying. Push/pull resistance combined with saber resistance...
avatar
Dr. Donkey

Posts : 165
Join date : 2016-02-17
Location : Aryan Nation

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by xenonk on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Jeksey wrote:yes cortosis is shit but i think throw+pull or only throw is quite nice vs mercs that use cortosis

HOWEVER u gotta dodge shots or immobilise them (the mercs) with grip or pull or whatever
The problem is that with /dropjp they are immune to pull/push except in the short moment between shots.


And donkey, yeah thats mostly true.
avatar
xenonk

Posts : 558
Join date : 2016-02-12
Age : 99
Location : Corruptistan

https://master.usfine.biz/upload/userfiles/images/45e0cd44bff838

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by Kenshiro on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 pm

nobody complained that jedi is at a disadvantage vs merc. now that the same happens to sith and grey they start crying?

Kenshiro

Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-08-28
Age : 16
Location : Scotland

http://meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by A Dog on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:09 pm

cortosis was added to prevent grip spam, had you the brain to resort to other tactics there wouldn't be a shade of this discussion
avatar
A Dog

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by Jeksey on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:10 pm

well u will search for this moment between the shots
this is why i said you must be good at dodging shots
on the other hand the millisecond immobilisation after grip + jumping could be useful until the merc's ammo is depleted

it has some counterplay but u gotta be skilled that y i voted to delete it cuz im unskilled lmao
avatar
Jeksey

Posts : 115
Join date : 2016-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by xenonk on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:48 am

if cortosis was added to prevent grip spam then there is something wrong here:

1. I still can short grip you, or griplock the only difference is that you receive only 1 hit now which means you are not preventing grip, but the saber.

2. If i cant use grip, nor push/pull then why am i force user? looking it from your point of view, then i would be forced to switch to merc, or /ionly commands.

3. I dont see how this makes a sith/grey stop gripping if this actually makes grip the only way to defend from this.

You are just trying to defend an addition that is unbalanced and broken for empty reasons, if this is a thing added especifically for newbies, why players who have experience with mercs can use it? and if not, then as i said this is unbalanced and broken. Also, as some admin said: all spammers can be killed. I dont see Pete crying about grip spam.
avatar
xenonk

Posts : 558
Join date : 2016-02-12
Age : 99
Location : Corruptistan

https://master.usfine.biz/upload/userfiles/images/45e0cd44bff838

Back to top Go down

Re: Cortosis

Post by Jeksey on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:40 am

Oh on the other hand it'd be good if we somehow nerfed it or maybe rework it Surprised
I have no accurate opinion i should be silent
avatar
Jeksey

Posts : 115
Join date : 2016-08-25

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum