[ 3 ]
47% 47% 
[ 7 ]
33% 33% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 15

Re: Cortosis

Post by A Dog on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 am

I meant that one thing leads to another, spamming griplock is deadly to merc if someone can execute a perfect poke after it, and pete is right, all spammers can be killed but 3/4 of the classes are able to heal themselves, merc is not. So if your tactic is to push away all projectiles, heal, wait for force regen and spam protect, then I'd say cortosis is quite good qhen you want to even out the chances and run to regen stations to get ammo for weapons and shields/hp.

non cortosis merc is stronger anyway, whipping you around with concussion rifle is great fun.
A Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:22 pm

I don't necessarily approve of changes that diverge too much from the basejka, but quite frankly, lugormod has always had such newbie-friendly features (jump 5, ionlyduel) and there are numerous custom addons that seemingly no one minds, even if they flip over the balance (such as the grey profession). The issue with cortosis is not that it exists, but rather that it relies on bowcaster, which is ridiculously overpowered on lugormod (at least since 2014, when robo rewrote the weapons code) - alt fire deals base 70 dmg on lugormod and 50 on basejka - and that it's going to be nerfed back in the next update (hopefully this weekend).

Flame must stay, otherwise sith/grey will abuse grip which takes 50 hp on last damage note when utilized successfully. In case of receiving damage they will just run recharge and continue the grip spam combo. Force users have much a faster way to heal anyway. On bigger maps where you can gain enough momentum it's not even possible to break such grip, which is why lowered health pool wont work. Deflect saber animation takes longer than disabling and enabling your sword again, leaves you open and stuck in animation.
This sums up the problem with the mercenary profession in general.

Lightning - get fucked by bowcaster, even less saber deflect, bowcaster even fucks u if u do nothing with saber up
Even worse story for saber throw
Ionlysaber? Why play lmd then
Dark rage - ye and u use stun barton and get in air
This is mostly correct, using lightning/saber throw under such circumstances is a horrible idea and suggesting that you need to use another odd command to counter it is just stupid, but rage+pull, albeit random vs merc, is rather useful.

I still haven't seen the first newbie using it tho, name one.
Stormtrooper Commander.

dropjp (inmmune to pull/push, except in the short moment between shots)
This is false, I am not sure who spread this misconception, but dropjp means the user has 25 percent chance of remaining unaffected by lightning/push/pull, not that they will be immune to it no matter what.

nobody complained that jedi is at a disadvantage vs merc.
Because... it's not. Pete refused to state his opinion in this thread, but I assure you, that Jedi is the nightmare of every merc.

you receive only 1 hit now which means you are not preventing grip, but the saber.
False again, cortosis has a 33% chance for turning off your saber, which is pretty low (considering it used to be 50% + damage reduction).

unbalanced and broken
Cortosis, on it's own, is neither.

I meant that one thing leads to another, spamming griplock is deadly to merc if someone can execute a perfect poke after it, and pete is right, all spammers can be killed but 3/4 of the classes are able to heal themselves, merc is not. So if your tactic is to push away all projectiles, heal, wait for force regen and spam protect, then I'd say cortosis is quite good qhen you want to even out the chances and run to regen stations to get ammo for weapons and shields/hp.
This ^

Jeksey wrote:I have no accurate opinion i should be silent
Then please, be silent.

tl;dr cortosis was nerfed over the last few months and it's fine now, problem lies with the bowcaster alt fire being op which should be fixed soon

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by xenonk on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:14 pm

thanks bob
xenonk

https://master.usfine.biz/upload/userfiles/images/45e0cd44bff838

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormtrooper Commander on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Bob wrote:
I still haven't seen the first newbie using it tho, name one.
Stormtrooper Commander.

Sad
Stormtrooper Commander

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum