54% 54% 
[ 7 ]
46% 46% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 13

Bringing back cskills in some form

Post by Bob on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello,
recently we've been discussing the possibility of bringing back custom skills - at least in some form. If anyone doesn't know, cskills are special abilities (much like new profession skills) originally implemented by Starfall. Some of them were Force Cloak, Force Beam, Time Bomb, Poison Dart.
Please cast your vote carefully. If the poll succeeds cskills will be brought back, although probably in an altered form - for example one cskill per account, costing a significant amount of credits (5kk was one of the suggestions).

Bob
Server Tech
Server Tech

Back to top Go down

Re: Bringing back cskills in some form

Post by Kyle Katarn on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:29 am

hehehehehe
Kyle Katarn

Back to top Go down

Post by shodan on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:29 am

Bob wrote:Hello,
recently we've been discussing the possibility of bringing back custom skills - at least in some form. If anyone doesn't know, cskills are special abilities (much like new profession skills) originally implemented by Starfall. Some of them were Force Cloak, Force Beam, Time Bomb, Poison Dart.
Please cast your vote carefully. If the poll succeeds cskills will be brought back, although probably in an altered form - for example one cskill per account, costing a significant amount of credits (5kk was one of the suggestions).
fug dat. No
shodan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:47 am

did u know that gb, gbf is removed ? also mindtrick now moves your oponent's screen other way instead of giving jedi the invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Katarn on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:17 pm

no arsa, it does the 2 things
Kyle Katarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:18 pm

not anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Katarn on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:29 pm

yes anymore, i just tried, if u want to be invisible, dont aim at ur target, if u want to move screen, aim at him
Kyle Katarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Hey Filip how about start another thread about it if it bothers you so much, this one is about a different matter.

Scroll down to TL;DR if you are not much interested in the matter and would hold into voting NO anyway

I would like to point out that the idea is supposed to be a replacement of leveling up, we don't want level disproportions as levels affect too many factors (not only skills but force regen and max hp/armor respectively to professions), but some people who like to farm credits should be able to spend them.

At the moment, after an initial selection (there is more in the plugin), there is 6 force users and 5 mercenary cskills that are available. I'm empathizing the word initial because we're planning a further selection (can be done here in this topic) where people could decide which cskills should be eliminated, so finally there would be 3 cskills to choose from. And it would be possible to have only one, to not make it OP. It could not be reseted and another chosen for example. We cba to adjust maps credits-wise (although we will if we find some high anomaly), so we would just put a very high price for obtaining that one cskill (5.000.000 CR sounds nice, perhaps even 10 mil), of course with a prior CR/inventory reset

I'll list the skills below and highlight those which I think should NOT be available, and I encourage you to do the same.

Force user
forcebeam, forcecloak, forcebreach, forcebody, forceslow, disablejp

Mercenary
treatinjury, poisondart, timebomb, slowregen, adstimulation

DESCRIPTIONS (force user skills generally consume 50 fp unless specified otherwise):

forcebeam - beam that does AoE dmg, idk how much exactly but direct hit kills target with 100 hp for sure, 90 sec cooldown
forcecloak - invisiblity non-detectable by wallhack, duration depending on force regen as it consumes force continously, stops when performing a hit, cd 60 sec
forcebreach - puts 5 sec ysal on the targeted force user, cd 120 sec
forcebody - twice faster regen for 30 sec, consumes own 50 hp per usage, cd 180 sec
forceslow - target gets movement slowed down twice for 10 sec, cd 120 sec
disablejp - disables target's jetpack for 10 sec, cd 120 sec

treatinjury - restores 50 hp, cd 30 sec
poisondart - affected target is damaged by average 5 for duration of 10 sec, bypasses protect/rage, cd 120 sec)
timebomb - self-explanatory, 3 sec till detonates, cd 180 sec
slowregen - thrice slowed down regen for target for 10 sec, cd 120 sec
adstimulation - +30 % speed for 10 sec, cd 60 sec

TL;DR

I know some of you don't like /cskills from past experience, but this concept is nowhere near as much invasive, only some of them available (those majority agrees for) + max ONE per account + no leveling up past 40, just obtaining a skill. This would attract people who like to farm milions of CR

Last edited by ufoski on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:13 pm; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Maltheal on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:28 pm

This sounds pretty good. That would make the gameplay more interresting and harder. But i got a idea. What about to deserve these cskills in quests?
Example: A Force master at every map. This one teaches everyone. If you want forcebeam you must complete a task to get this ability.
And for mercs a mercanary shop. There they can buy with credits poisondarts and etc...
Maltheal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:32 pm

quests sound nice but they would have to be designed so it would take weeks to complete them, then ok. Placing a very high credits requirement is just the easiest way

Back to top Go down

Post by pete on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:07 pm

its alright only if they cost alot of credits and u can use just 1 per account
its really bad otherwise imo, remember when people played on boss and everyone killed eachother by spamming forcebeams all over the place?
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Yeah I remember, I also think (highlighted that in my post) that forcebeam particularly should be excluded, although it's not that bad with the animation as it gives time to avoid it. Worse if it's done by surprise, obviously

Back to top Go down

Post by Gog on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Just make lightning do 500 damage per sec.

Gog

Back to top Go down

i voted yes

Post by weaponx on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:02 am

i vote yes but definately it should not be linked to account, or credits.

I would preffer it was something that spawns in the map as a pickup like a crystal or something. Like different crystals give you different custom skills.

Otherwise people will spam wampa quest to until they buy the customskill and then they won't have any more goal to play. ._.

weaponx

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:05 pm

FYI

cskills are shit, suck my penus
Evander

Back to top Go down

Post by Razot on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:15 pm

You could create a Passive Cskill what Upgrades the Lightning with not so high fp cost and higher damage
Razot

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top