Help required: JKA broken after latest Win 10 64-Bit update !!!

Go down

Help required: JKA broken after latest Win 10 64-Bit update !!!

Post by bro on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Hello guys,

To some of you guys this notification will be some good news, hopefully for some others bad news..

Anyways, I am asking you guys for your help and I wonder if some of you guys have the same problem as I do.

A few days ago my Win 10 (64-Bit Version) Version was auto-updated with the newest Win edits and updates.

When started my computer after the update, as usually, the system said first time starting after update will take some additional time to make some necessary configs, which is okay because always after an update some configurations needs to be done within the system.

After initialising the needed, the system went through some questions, like if I want 'voice-control' activated, and if I wanna add more/new devices and so on (all new updated from the Win 10 update).

I denied everything.

When I tried to start my JKA I recognized the whole game had a very huge lag, which makes it impossible to do anything.

When I start the game, the 3 auto-video sequences (Raven Software, Lucasarts, etc) play without any problem, but when I get to the main screen, the Game appears to have a huge lag, I can barely move the mouse or do anything. Open the ingame console, typing connect and connecting to a server takes ages and isn't successful.

Also, in the main screen, you usually can see a little video sequence with a ship flying by in the middle of the screen in some kind of round-grid-circle, which doesn't show up at all. All I can see in there is a grey background.

I tried to reinstall a new JK3 (without removing old one) but it not worked, still I have the same problem.

If you guys want to help me, feel free to ask me further questions about my problems, or post your solutions, which I'd love to work with.

For those kind or supportive guys I wish to spread out my problem and topic on forum to get more attention on my problem and maybe have someone to help me. Those who can actually reach Bob or Pete or anyone they think who is able to give me a solution, feel free to contact them for me please.

I tried to support you guys and the community as much as I could,

but otherwhise this means, ...

Farewell Bushi
bro

Back to top Go down

Re: Help required: JKA broken after latest Win 10 64-Bit update !!!

Post by Demp on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:59 pm

have you tried running it as admin, toying with the compatibility modes..?

Demp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Run the jka as Admin and on lower version of windows compatibility check them all and post your result. If it doesnt help, well we'll try to figure it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThekiD on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:39 pm

If you have original copy of the game try to install a cracked one and see if it works.
Just an idea hehe
ThekiD

Back to top Go down

Post by bro on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:27 pm

Demp wrote:have you tried running it as admin, toying with the compatibility modes..?

Yes. Compatibility modes and Admin rights. Used to have it run as Compatibility Windows XP Service Pack 2 and with Admin right for ages without issues.

Creater_X wrote:Run the jka as Admin and on lower version of windows compatibility check them all and post your result. If it doesnt help, well we'll try to figure it out.

Dydzio suggested me to try with OpenJK and NewJK. NewJK had no positive effect on the situation but OpenJK helped it a very little. Normally, after update on normal JKA my main screen lag feels like double 999 ping (no joke). With OpenJK my main screen lag feels like double 800.

ThekiD wrote:If you have original copy of the game try to install a cracked one and see if it works.
Just an idea hehe

Ok, you mean by cracked one some kind of illeg'l download which includes the crack to run it? Just to make sure. I am currently running JK3 from CD-Images .iso files mounted with Deamon Tools. Earlier I used the UUv17a included cd-crack but my Anti-vir decided to block UU.

Much thanks so far. I heared from some people they have some kind of same issue, just with other games.
bro

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Katarn on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:44 pm

what is ur computer; is jka the only game glitching?
Kyle Katarn

Back to top Go down

Post by bro on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:24 am

Kyle Katarn wrote:what is ur computer; is jka the only game glitching?

I don't play other games than JKA but I found another one from 2002 which works fine.

I'm not sure what specifications you need by 'what is your computer' but I have:
Win10 Pro 64-Bit (10.0, Build 17134), Fujitsu, Esprimo C700, Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3,1 GHz (4 CPUs), ~3,1 GHz, 4096MB RAM, DirectX12, Intel(R) HD Graphics

Also, don't want to roll-back my Win10 System to an earlier version, I'd rather re-install Windows and set the whole system up from new, but I don't plan to..
bro

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Katarn on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:41 am

bro wrote:
Kyle Katarn wrote:what is ur computer; is jka the only game glitching?

I don't play other games than JKA but I found another one from 2002 which works fine.

I'm not sure what specifications you need by 'what is your computer' but I have:
Win10 Pro 64-Bit (10.0, Build 17134), Fujitsu, Esprimo C700, Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3,1 GHz (4 CPUs), ~3,1 GHz, 4096MB RAM, DirectX12, Intel(R) HD Graphics

Also, don't want to roll-back my Win10 System to an earlier version, I'd rather re-install Windows and set the whole system up from new, but I don't plan to..
wtf those windows update...
Kyle Katarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Demp on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:21 am

If you're planning on using another branch of jka, co sider GOGGAMES Jedi Academy. A google search should do the trick.

Demp

Back to top Go down

Post by elite on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:30 am

1. download openjk ---->https://builds.openjk.org/openjk-2018-06-04-c3d2a806-windows.zip<------
  2. extract into gamedata folder
  3. run game by clicking on openjk exe
  4. reconfigure game settings

elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down